Academic Program Specialist
- Job Ref:
- Largo, MD
- Advising and Enrollment
- Full time
Academic Program Specialist
Non-Exempt, Contingent II, Full-Time, Pay Grade 009
Location: Largo, MD
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks an entry level Academic Program Specialist. The Academic Program Specialist is responsible for providing world-class customer service support through the activities related to incoming transcript processing.
- Process received transcripts and other student documents in a confidential manner
- Verify and enter student information listed on each institution's transcript sent to UMGC.
- As part of the data entry process, the transcript must be accurately scanned, linked to the UMGC student record and transcript data must be entered into the student information system (SIS).
- Review onscreen transcripts, verification and digital filing related to student records.
- Accurately verify school accreditation, enter transfer credit GPA, applicable degrees earned and course/grade information into the system to ensure transfer credit is applied to each student's evaluation
- Assist with any forms of document scanning and data entry as necessary for documents that are student related
- Serve as an entry point on starting the transfer evaluation process for incoming students and has a direct effect on the recruitment of new students to the university.
- Screen transcripts to update the student's record for any additional schools attended.
- Provide Tier I and II support related to transcript inquiries made by phone, through email cases, in person, chat
- Sort and process incoming mail in accordance with the transcript and document business processes
- Additional projects such as training, software testing, attending meetings and presenting ideas to colleagues or guests
- Other duties as assigned in accordance with departmental needs
The hours for this role are from 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's degree
- Three (3) years of experience with document processing or other clerical work
- One (1) year of experience with a student record system, data entry and document scanning
- Some experience with document imaging systems
- Ability to pivot on tasks between detail-oriented work and service-oriented work in a fast-paced environment where there will be distractions
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree
- Two (2) years' experience working with confidential documents
- Understanding of FERPA and FERPA policies
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.