- Job Ref:
- Largo, MD
- Finance and Accounting
- Full time
Office of Student Accounts
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.2
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks an entry level Accounting Analyst within the Third Party Military unit in the Office of Student Accounts (OSA). Under the supervision of the Third Party Supervisor, the Third Party Accounting Analyst will perform complex clerical activities essential to Third Party accounting such as ensuring proper posting of tuition assistance, billing, invoicing, collections of all related third party accounts receivables, refunding payments as necessary and filing tuition assistance forms and invoices while adhering to departmental standards for quality assurance. The Accounting Analyst ensures that third party transactions are in accordance with UMGC, State, and Federal policies and procedures, and are recorded consistent with acceptable accounting standards.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Administers and maintains assigned third party payer accounts to verify accuracy of transactions and uniform application of policies, procedures, and acceptable standards.
- Receives, analyzes, and prepares various internal/external reconciliations, exhibits and summaries along with any assigned databases utilized for financial reporting.
- Provide world-class customer service via the telephone, emails and ticketing system to students, agencies, and internal staff; responding to all internal and external inquiries within one business day; and troubleshooting issues accurately and appropriately.
- Ensures that transactions are in accordance with applicable authority, policies, procedures, and are recorded consistent with acceptable accounting standards.
- Reviews and processes routine financial documents such as invoices, vouchers, receipts, and reports, ensuring accuracy of mathematical computations and completeness.
- Maintains manual and automated record keeping systems by tracking, verifying and updating records, files and reports. Inputs, monitors, and corrects data in automated systems; generates reports.
- Perform complex clerical activities essential to Third Party accounting such as ensuring proper posting of tuition assistance for military, private, and USM agencies, billing, invoicing, collections of all related third party accounts receivables, refunding payments as necessary and filing tuition assistance forms and invoices.
- Process and reconcile third party transactions within one business day while ensuring that processes are in accordance with UMGC, State and Federal policies and procedures and are recorded and consistent with acceptable accounting standards while adhering to departmental standards for quality assurance
- Provides general research and overview of various procedures and programs for billing, receipt, and collection
- Knowledge of best practices, principles, theories, techniques, and methodology in the field as well as all relevant federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and programs/policies for meeting compliance.
- Ability to participate in the development of policies and procedures for the unit, to clearly communicate results of work both orally and in writing to clients and management, to cooperate and work with others in order to strengthen and cultivate relationships, to carry out multiple assignments and plan accordingly in order to meet scheduled deadlines, to effectively implement analytical and organizational skills in order to carry out and follow through with complex assignments for which no clear precedents exist.
- In addition, the skill in acting as a liaison with key external agencies, campuses, or other high level contacts and in using Microsoft Office software and PeopleSoft financial system for advanced analysis and useful reporting.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher learning in Business Management, Finance, Accounting, Information Systems or related field, plus two (2) years of related experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.