Adjunct Faculty, Cybersecurity - General OpportunitiesCategory: Adjunct Faculty
Requistion ID: 10011492
UMGC offers the prestige of being part of the acclaimed University System of Maryland as well as a flexible schedule that fits your life. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to leverage your real-world experience and teach highly motivated, working adult students the practical skills and knowledge to improve their lives. Adjunct faculty at UMGC teach a maximum of 18 credits per academic year.
This job posting is for general, future job opportunities for you to apply to if you do not see your desired Cybersecurity position posted at this time. All applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis for future consideration.
- Master’s degree in Cybersecurity or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Professional experience in Cybersecurity or related field
- This position is specifically to teach online, so experience teaching adult learners online and in higher education is strongly preferred
- Actively engage students through frequent interaction that motivates them to succeed and conveys a genuine energy and enthusiasm for their learning
- Guide students in active collaboration and the application of their learning in problem- and project-based learning demonstrations
- Provide rich and regular constructive feedback, utilizing rubrics effectively for the assessment of student work, and acknowledging student accomplishments
- Demonstrate relevant and current subject-matter expertise, and help students connect concepts across their academic program
- Provide feedback to your program chair on possible curricular improvements
Why Choose UMGC?
- Flexible scheduling
- Strong academic reputation
- More than 95 online degree and certificate programs
- Innovative technologies
- Comprehensive faculty development program including two-week new faculty orientation
- Faculty awards programs
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Term Life Insurance
Retirement - Supplemental Plans
We offer comprehensive benefits packages designed to help you lead a well-balanced life.
Mission & Values
Our goal is simple: To provide adult learners with the flexibility, creativity and excellence-driven degree programs to change their lives for the better.
Our values include: Students First • Accountability • Diversity • Integrity • Excellence • Innovation
The typical UMGC student is an adult learner juggling a career, family, and other priorities. Roughly 80% work full time, half are parents, and half are minority students. They are continuing their education to better themselves, their families, and their professional opportunities. UMGC is also a leading higher education provider to the U.S. military, enrolling 55,000 active-duty service members, reservists, National Guard members, veterans, and family members annually. We are proud of our military heritage and are committed to this service.