Admissions Associate Advisor
- Job Ref:
- Largo, MD
- Advising and Enrollment
- Full time
Admissions Associate Advisor, Entry Level
Office of Strategic Enrollment Management
Exempt, Contingent II, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.1
Location: Stateside Remote or Largo, MD
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks Admissions Associate Advisors in the Office of Strategic Enrollment Management for a 100% remote role working from home. Reporting to the Assistant/Associate Director, the Admissions Associate Advisor will use strong critical-thinking skills to help a diverse population of adult learners overcome a myriad of obstacles to fulfill their educational objectives. Admissions Associate Advisors spend most of their day on the phone. Successful candidates enjoy working in a high energy, fast-paced environment, demonstrate enthusiasm and initiative, and possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with prospective students. Successful candidates enjoy speaking with students via phone, as they are expected to service and support students in a high call volume environment daily.
Admissions Associate Advisors have the opportunity to enroll in a maximum of 8 credits per semester at UMGC and University of Maryland, College Park (UMCP) FREE of tuition charges!
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide outstanding service by promptly responding to prospective student inquiries and applications through telephone, email, SMS, and/or live chat technologies.
- Reach out to and maintain relationships with prospective students by establishing rapport and trust, educating them on UMGC programs and admissions requirements, and assisting prospective students through their application and first enrollment process.
- Guide prospective students through their decision-making process by engaging in a consultative dialogue to explore and uncover student needs and concerns, presenting information in a professional, articulate, and confident manner, and effectively communicating the value proposition of the university.
- Proactively engage with prospective students and help them overcome potential barriers within the student enrollment process.
- Contribute to individual, team, and unit goals on a daily, weekly, monthly basis so that new student growth targets are met.
- Maintain a productivity rate of 80% or higher, and consistently demonstrate high quality customer service.
- Accurately document, maintain, and track all prospective student and applicant interactions, information, and progression through the new student enrollment process in the CRM system.
- Serve as the prospective student's liaison to help assist them through various student services-related issues, i.e., UMGC Undergraduate/Graduate Schools, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Registrar's Office, etc.
- Evening, weekend hours and possibly holidays may be required at times based on business need.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Employees that live within 50 miles of UMGC are required to work university commencement.
- Employees are required to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Employees may be required to work certain holiday hours based on business need.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR 100% REMOTE ROLE:
- Home worksite furniture and equipment shall be provided by the Candidate.
- UMGC will provide necessary office supplies, a laptop, monitor and headset.
- Network communication to non-public UMGC online information technology services and data shall be made only through the use of the UMGC Virtual Private Network (VPN) to ensure data is transmitted through encrypted channels and proper authentication.
- All computing equipment that is used, whether purchased by UMGC or the individual, must be connected to broadband internet through an Ethernet connection.
- All computing equipment that is used must be connected to broadband internet with upload and download speeds of at least 25MBPS. You must also hardwire your laptop to the router through an Ethernet connection.
- Candidates may not perform personal business during scheduled work hours with the exception of non-work time, such as scheduled breaks.
- Candidates are required to make and maintain alternative childcare or other dependent care arrangements to permit concentration on work assignments during their scheduled work shift.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An earned Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- One (1) year of relevant work experience in a customer-facing role.
- Candidates must possess excellent customer service, time management, creative problem solving, interpersonal, oral and written communications, and presentation skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience working in a goal-driven, measured performance, and team environment is also required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Call center or high call volume experience
- At least one (1) year of successful experience in a customer service role.
- Previous experience in any of the following areas: higher education admissions or enrollment management, recruiting, educational or training-industry sales, consultative inside sales of a service offering, call center or high-volume, customer service environment.
- Experience leveraging CRM or call center applications and tools is also preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.