Admissions/Associate Advisor - Remote - Entry Level
Office of Strategic Enrollment Management
Exempt, Contingent II, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.1
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks an Admissions/Associate Advisor - Remote in the Office of Strategic Enrollment Management for a 100% remote role working from home. Reporting to the Assistant/Associate Director, the Admissions/Associate Advisor - Remote will use strong critical-thinking skills to help a diverse population of adult learners overcome a myriad of obstacles to fulfill their educational objectives. The successful candidate will use strong critical-thinking skills to help a diverse population of adult learners overcome a myriad of obstacles to fulfill their educational objectives. Successful candidates enjoy working in a high energy, fast-paced environment, demonstrate enthusiasm and initiative, and possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with prospective students. Successful candidates enjoy speaking with students via phone, as they are expected to service and support students in a high call volume environment daily.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide outstanding service by responding to prospective student inquiries, through telephone, email, in-person, or other communication channels.
- Reach out to and maintain relationships with prospective students by establishing rapport and trust, educating them on UMGC programs and admissions requirements, and assisting prospective students through their application and first enrollment process.
- Guide prospective students through their decision-making process by engaging in a consultative dialogue to explore and uncover student needs and concerns, presenting information in a professional, articulate, and confident manner, and effectively communicating the value proposition of the university.
- Proactively engage with prospective students and help them overcome potential barriers within the student enrollment process.
- Contribute to individual, team, and unit goals on a daily, weekly, monthly basis so that new student growth targets are met.
- Maintain a productivity rate of 80% or higher, and consistently demonstrate high quality customer service.
- Accurately document, maintain, and track all prospective student and applicant interactions, information, and progression through the new student enrollment process in the CRM system.
- Serve as the prospective student’s liaison to help assist them through various student services-related issues, i.e., UMGC Undergraduate/Graduate Schools, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Registrar’s Office, etc.
- Evening, weekend hours and possibly holidays may be required at times based on business need.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR 100% REMOTE ROLE:
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An earned Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and one (1) year of relevant work experience in a customer-facing role.
- Candidates must possess excellent customer service, time management, creative problem solving, interpersonal, oral and written communications, and presentation skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience working in a goal-driven, measured performance, and team environment is also required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Call center or high call volume experience
- At least 1 year of successful experience in a 100% remote customer service role.
- Previous experience in any of the following areas: higher education admissions or enrollment management, recruiting, educational or training-industry sales, consultative inside sales of a service offering, call center or high-volume, customer service environment.
- Experience leveraging CRM or call center applications and tools is also preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.