Assistant Director, Degree Audit
- Job Ref:
- Largo, MD
- Faculty Services
- Full time
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 2.1
The Assistant Director will participate in collaborative efforts to evaluate and organize office workflow, develop and monitor interdepartmental processes and update office policies and procedures.
- Responsible for assisting in the overall operations of the team including scheduling and workforce management.
- Serve as the point of contact for all workflows and reports related to degree audit and planning for both new and continuing students.
- Drives daily team metrics relating to degree audit functions.
- Maintain current knowledge of FERPA regulations, state rules and institutional policies pertaining to academic records and develop and present strategic training to internal and external staff members.
- Collaborate with the AVP of Degree Audit to analyze current business processes and outcomes to drive opportunities for improvement in the areas of customer service and processing.
- Partner with other departments across the university to resolve student issues.
- Student services and outreach, special projects, and other job-related duties as assigned or directed by management.
The working hours for this position are from 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of progressive managerial experience in student records or higher education administration
- Experience in a higher education, working with both traditional and non-traditional populations
- Strong working knowledge of systems and data processing techniques for automated systems
- Excellent organizational, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate leadership abilities for staff supervision, organizational management and problem solving skills
- Be able to document work clearly, make independent decisions and schedule work to meet deadlines
- Work accurately and quickly with attention to detail
- Strong commitment to customer service
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree
Position Available and will Remain Open until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.