Assistant Director of Admission
- Job Ref:
- Advising and Enrollment
- Full time
Assistant Director of Admissions
Office of Enrollment Management
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 2.1
Location: Stateside Remote or Largo, MD
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks an Assistant Director of Admissions. Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Assistant Director of Admissions will be responsible for closely collaborating with the Director to provide hiring, training, supervision and coaching up to 15 remote Admissions Representatives which includes all aspects of student admissions for undergraduate and graduate students from inquiry through enrollment in first term courses. The Assistant Director is also responsible for helping to execute outreach campaigns to support the University in meeting or exceeding new student application growth goals. Other areas of responsibility include training, coaching, quality assurance, performance management, and business process design and implementation.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Facilitate training and skill development of new remote Admissions Representatives as well as current remote team members by conducting role plays, mock calls, live shadowing, observations of recorded calls and effective team meetings via video conference
- Demonstrate the delivery of consistent, constructive and performance enhancing coaching feedback via video conference based on observations conducted and by conducting and documenting regular assessments that provide specific, affirmative feedback on quality and knowledge of institution, program, administrative and admissions policies
- Conduct monthly performance coaching sessions and applicant review meetings with each direct report via video conference to develop a nimble and collaborative team that nurtures trust, accountability, and a shared vision for outstanding service to new students from the time of inquiry through enrollment in first term courses
- Develop the team to provide best-in-class service using a consultative approach
- Certifies team members on the consultative recruitment approach
- Develop, communicates and executes operational strategies to set and achieve team and unit goals on a daily, weekly, monthly basis to ensure new student application and enrollment growth targets are met
- Manage daily operations by tracking workforce metrics such as call volumes, phone queues, service levels, activity lists, schedule adherence and other workforce metrics and taking action to address performance gaps, prioritize work or adjusting staff scheduling, as needed
- Must be connected with remote team and Largo team by phone, chat, video conference and virtual office during all working hours to provide leadership support
- Provide input and feedback on both strategic and operational projects and their impact on the day-to-day operations of front-line staff activities and the prospective student population
- Collaborate with Director to execute outreach activities and dialer campaigns in support of new student recruitment and improvement of inquiry to enrollment conversion
- Handle calls from students who wish to speak to a supervisor for any reason at any time without hesitation
- Seek to provide same day resolution for any escalated issue with a commitment to uncovering unspoken needs and eliminating both real and perceived barriers for every student in every situation
- Maintain a consistent, positive and motivating presence to champion organizational and departmental change to enhance student service, speed to response and team performance
- Motivate, develop and recognize remote team members in order to develop succession planning, empower team members to take on special projects, improve employee engagement and reduce regrettable turnover
- Actively participates in phone screening, virtual interviewing and virtual Career Fairs to ensure effective hiring and selection of new remote team members
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Employees that live within 50 miles of the University are required to work university commencement
- Employees are required to work some evening and weekend hours
- Employees may be required to work certain holiday hours based on business need
REQUIREMENTS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR 100% REMOTE ROLE:
- Home worksite furniture and equipment shall be provided by the Candidate.
- UMGC will provide necessary office supplies, a laptop, monitor and headset.
- Network communication to non-public UMGC online information technology services and data shall be made only through the use of the UMGC Virtual Private Network (VPN) to ensure data is transmitted through encrypted channels and proper authentication.
- All computing equipment that is used, whether purchased by UMGC or the individual, must be connected to broadband internet through an Ethernet connection.
- All computing equipment that is used must be connected to broadband internet with upload and download speeds of at least 25MBPS. You must also hardwire your laptop to the router through an Ethernet connection.
- Candidates may not perform personal business during scheduled work hours with the exception of non-work time, such as scheduled breaks.
- Candidates are required to make and maintain alternative childcare or other dependent care arrangements to permit concentration on work assignments during their scheduled work shift.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- This position requires BA/BS degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- At least 1 year of successful leadership within a service delivery organization or contact center with remote staff
- The selected candidate must have the ability to prioritize and manage competing demands in a fast-paced remote environment while motivating others.
- Candidate must possess superior organizational and communication skills including the development of presentations and business proposals. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate: a strong understanding of management and leadership characteristics, the ability to successfully lead a diverse team
- Candidate must be extremely well organized and analytical with an ability to work well under pressure
- Must be flexible and agile in responding to evolving business priorities
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An earned Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning
- Successful track record of leading teams with a collaborative leadership style; ability to coach, mentor, and develop others
- Experience working with military or veteran personnel, preferably in a higher education environment
- Proven track record of leveraging data and metrics to meet or exceed business goals and objectives
- Experience in the areas of enrollment management, student recruitment, and quality assurance
- Experience leveraging CRM, call center, and other enterprise-wide business technologies is also preferred
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.