Associate Director, Training Operations and Development
- Job Ref:
- Learning Solutions
- Full time
Associate Director, Training Operations and Development
Office of Strategic Enrollment Management
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 2.2
*Posting updated 7/10/2020*
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks an Associate Director, Training Operations and Development in the Strategic Enrollment Management department. The Associate Director will be responsible for assisting with the overall administration and management of the training team as well as developing and delivering high-quality training content to new and current staff members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate and collaborate in the management of the training program for UMGC's Office of Strategic Enrollment Management to include evaluate and organize office workflow, continuously improve training strategy, develop and monitor processes and update office policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing and managing to guidelines/processes for the team to ensure a consistent learning experience.
- Consistently observe and provide coaching and feedback to the training team to ensure that they are delivering training effectively.
- Provide performance management and coaching to the training team to ensure trainers are providing effective coaching to SEM colleagues.
- Coordinate, develop, and administer skill development opportunities for team to increase their effectiveness to include training sessions, role-plays, guest facilitators, hands on systems training, etc.
- Work with the training team and key departments to create, maintain and enhance high quality training materials for new hires, ongoing training and leadership training to ensure compliance and relevancy. Ensure all content is proofread prior to distribution.
- Work closely with the Student Tuition Planning management team to ensure new hire and ongoing training promotes compliance with regulations, and accuracy in financial discussions.
- Analyze the success of the learners and training program to identify and recommend training needs for new or updated content, activities or processes based on observation, learner feedback and learner performance.
- Manage process for the prioritizing work for the team based on feedback from stakeholders, changes to organizational policies/programs, and manage the team to ensure completion by agreed upon deadlines.
- Ensure that trainers are aware of their training responsibilities and tasks for the day.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on all UMGC policies, procedures, and content.
- Develop, administer, evaluate, and lead training sessions and activities in an engaging and learner-focused manner.
- Effectively coach and mentor new SEM colleagues and leaders.
- Complete other duties as assigned to support training department and SEM initiatives.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An earned bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Minimum of two years in a leadership role.
- Minimum of two years providing student recruiting, advising or financial counseling at a higher education institution.
- Knowledge of leadership and management best practices and ability to develop content and training materials on the subject.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities for staff supervision, organizational management and creative problem-solving.
- Experience and/or ability to manage a team of trainers to ensure that they are meeting all job requirements.
- Experience coaching and mentoring colleagues and leaders effectively.
- Formulate assessments and propose recommendations in an articulate fashion.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Top quality analytical skills with experience running reports and analyzing data.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines with the use of outstanding time management and delegation.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Excellent organizational, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions and work with minimal supervision.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Experience in a training environment including conducting and evaluating training and developing training content.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively at multiple levels within the organization including team members, leaders and students.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
- Excellent customer service, project management and problem-solving skills.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint.
- Strong working knowledge of systems in use for managing student information (Salesforce and Peoplesoft).
- Ability to adapt to changes in a dynamic work environment.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree.
- Two or more years' experience in financial aid or student finance role including thorough understanding of UMGC payment options, procedures, and systems including federal, state and institutional financial assistance programs, Federal Financial Aid, Veterans Benefits, Military Tuition Assistance, Payment Plans, and other payment methods.
- Experience using HTML, Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia, or other online applications to develop creative training and development solutions.
- Experience developing training content and supporting materials.
- Knowledge and experience with traditional, online and blended learning methods.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design best practices.
- Employees are required to work university commencement
- Employees may be required to work evening, weekend and holiday hours based on business need
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.