Back-Up Building Monitor II Vicenza, Italy
- Job Ref:
- Part time
Back-Up Building Monitor II
Location: Vicenza, Italy
Overseas Contingent I, 48%, Part-Time, Grade 001
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks a Back-Up Building Monitor II. The Back-Up Building Monitor II works with the Assistant Director (AD) in the administration of UMGC programs.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensure that quality services are provided to all current and prospective students and to be responsive to students and student issues
- Responsible for setting-up live streaming equipment prior to live-streaming classes, serving as first-level technical support to immediately respond to and troubleshoot live streaming issues, and securing live streaming equipment at the end of live streaming class meetings
- Opening and closing the UMGC computer lab, building entrances, and classrooms, and proctoring exams
- Ensure that building rules are abided by UMGC students and that all UMGC labs/rooms are clean and presentable
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a high school diploma
- Available for a flexible work schedule including early mornings, days, late evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Basic office management, computer and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Successful applicants must be able to pass background check and meet requirements for individual logistic support (ILS).
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree is preferred
- Customer service experience
- Advanced computer skills, to include Microsoft Excel and Word
WHO MAY APPLY: Local applicants with individual logistical support (ILS) only. Applicants must already have and be able to maintain ILS, meaning that they must possess a U.S. military ID card and SOFA card from an external source, as this position does not offer ILS. For employment eligibility purposes, applicant must qualify for ILS as described in USAREUR Regulation 600-700, Section III, 7-13. Criteria under which applicants qualify for ILS are: must serve the US Forces exclusively; are not stateless persons; are nationals of a NATO state, excluding the host nation; are not ordinarily resident in the host nation.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.