Back up Program and National Test Center Coordinator, Izmir, Turkey
- Job Ref:
- Advising and Enrollment
- Part time
Program and National Test Center Coordinator
Location: Adana (Incirlik AB), Turkey
Overseas Contingent III, (less than) Part-Time, 48% FTE, Grade 003
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) Europe seeks a Backup Program and National Test Center Coordinator (PNTCC). Backup The Program and National Test Center Coordinator serves as the on-site UMGC representative responsible for providing academic, administrative and testing support services, community outreach, and customer relations management. This position reports directly to the Assistant Director (AD). The PNTCC must work effectively with the Regional Director, local Program Coordinators and staff, education center personnel, faculty, administrative staff in Kaiserslautern, and the military community at large. Required duties/activities to be accomplished by the Program and National Test Center Coordinator are listed below:
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide academic and administrative support services to prospects and students, and ensure Quality Assurance Standards are met by being available, knowledgeable, courteous and responsive
- Document all student contact through UMGC's Customer Relations Management System and schedule appropriate follow-up activities
- Provide and maintain open and positive communications with host military Education Services Officer (or equivalent) and respective Education Center staff
- Organize and participate in local Education Fairs, Open Houses, Semester Start-ups, Student Appreciation Days, Local Graduations and other events as needed, professionally representing UMGC
- Track and analyze class enrollments and student interest, as well as local degree progression, to provide input on scheduling; ensure classrooms are provided with adequate space and needed technology for class instruction; be present at the first class session to provide assistance to instructors and students; and assist faculty in obtaining base access to attend class on their assigned installation
- Distribute marketing, advertising, and mass media materials at assigned locations when permissible
- Create and maintain a site(s) specific outreach plan to attain university goals towards recruitment and retention
- Provide National Test Center testing services on a basis that meets community demand while balancing other, outlined duties
- Participate in UMGC staff meetings, professional development activities and training sessions as required
- Track and compile monthly statistics and provide reports as needed
- Maintain appropriate communication with immediate supervisor and other UMGC staff to ensure timely resolution of student issues/escalations
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Background in customer service
- Able to work in a fast-paced and complex environment with accurate attention to detail
- Possess basic office management and clerical skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Successful applicants must be able to pass background check and meet requirements for individual logistic support (ILS).
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants with a U.S. valid driver's license
Who May Apply: Local applicants who are not citizens, dual citizens, or ordinarily residents of the host country who possess their own individual logistical support (ILS) and/or are current UMGC employees only - no relocation will be provided. Applicants must already have and be able to maintain ILS, meaning that they must possess a U.S. military ID card and SOFA card from an external source. Current UMGC employees may be eligible for ILS.
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is committed to helping safeguard the health of its faculty, staff, students, contractors, and guests. Because vaccinations reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2—the virus that causes COVID-19—and in alignment with the University System of Maryland (USM) vaccination mandate, all prospective UMGC faculty (full-time and adjunct) and staff are required to be fully vaccinated, unless an exception is approved as a reasonable accommodation based on disability or religion.
Prospective faculty and staff must provide their vaccination status and submit proof of vaccination (or a copy of their Approved Exception Letter) before the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or show proof of exception may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.