Back-up Program Coordinator, Naples
- Job Ref:
- Advising and Enrollment
- Part time
Back-Up Program Coordinator
Location: Naples, Italy
Overseas Contingent I, 48% FTE, Part-Time, Grade 001
The Back-up Program Coordinator (PC) reports to and works with the Assistant Director (AD) in the administration of UMGC Europe programs. It is the job of the Back-up PC to ensure that quality services are provided to all current and prospective students and to be responsive to students and student issues. The Back-up PC must work effectively with the AD, local program coordinators and staff, education center personnel, faculty, administrative staff and the military community at large.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide academic and administrative support services to prospects and students, and ensure quality assurance standards are met by being available, knowledgeable, courteous and responsive Document all student contact through UMGC's
- Customer Relations Management System and schedule appropriate follow-up activities
- Provide and maintain open and positive communications with host military Education Services Officer (or equivalent) and respective Education Center staff Organize and participate in local Education Fairs, Open Houses, Semester Start-Ups, Student Appreciation Days, Local Graduations and other events as needed, professionally representing UMGC
- Track and analyze class enrollments and student interest, as well as local degree progression, to provide input on scheduling; ensure classrooms are provided with adequate space and needed technology for class instruction; be present at the first class session to provide assistance to instructors and students; and assist faculty in obtaining base access to attend class on their assigned installation
- Provide assistance with processing students' military documentation (i.e. Tuition Assistance vouchers, ID cards, orders, etc.)
- Distribute marketing, advertising, and mass media materials at assigned locations when permissible Assist with base access as needed
- May provide facility support to include: opening and closing UMGC Overseas computer lab, building entrances, windows and classrooms; ensure that building rules are adhered to by UMGC Overseas students, that all UMGC Overseas labs/rooms are clean and presentable, and that all supplies are readily available.
- Occasional evening/weekend hours; local travel may be required Perform other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED
- Background in customer service
- Able to work in a fast-paced and complex environment with accurate attention to detail
- Possess basic office management and clerical skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Successful applicants must be able to pass background check and meet requirements for individual logistic support (ILS)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Some college coursework
- Applicants with a U.S. valid driver's license
WHO MAY APPLY:
Local applicants with individual logistical support (ILS) only. Applicants must already have and be able to maintain ILS, meaning that they must possess a U.S. military ID card and SOFA card from an external source, as this position does not offer ILS. For employment eligibility purposes, applicant must qualify for ILS as described in USAREUR Regulation 600-700, Section III, 7-13. Criteria under which applicants qualify for ILS are: must serve the US Forces exclusively; are not stateless persons; are nationals of a NATO state, excluding the host nation; are not ordinarily resident in the host nation. Must have a valid passport.
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.