Building Monitor, Atsugi Naval Base
- Job Ref:
- Atsugi Naval Air Facility-Japan
- Part time
Location: Atsugi Naval Base, Japan
Overseas Contingent I, 48% FTE, Part-time, Grade 001
Description: University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) Asia seeks a Building Monitor. This position will be located at the Atsugi NAF, Japan location. The Building Monitor II reports to and works with the Assistant Director (AD) in the administration of UMGC programs.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensure that quality services are provided to all current and prospective students and to be responsive to students and student issues.
- Responsible for setting-up live streaming equipment prior to live-streaming classes, serving as first-level technical support to immediately respond to and troubleshoot live streaming issues, and securing live streaming equipment at the end of live streaming class meetings.
- Opening and closing the UMGC Asia computer lab, building entrances, and classrooms, and proctoring exams, including supporting faculty in these areas as needed.
- Ensure that building rules are abided by UMGC Asia students and that all UMGC Asia labs/rooms are clean and presentable.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Assisting in testing setup/proctoring, as permitted per testing vendor policies, or proctoring make-up exams for face-to-face courses
REQUIRED EDUCATION EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a high school diploma
- Available for a flexible work schedule including early mornings, days, late evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Basic office management, computer and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Successful applicants must be able to pass background check and meet requirements for individual logistic support (ILS)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree from a U.S. regionally accredited institution or foreign degree equivalent.
- Knowledge of basic technical computer and equipment skills, including basic troubleshooting.
- Customer service experience.
- Advanced computer skills, to include Microsoft Excel and Word.
WHO MAY APPLY: Local applicants with individual logistical support (ILS) only. Applicants must already have and be able to maintain ILS, meaning that they must possess a U.S. military ID card from an external source, as this position does not offer ILS. For employment eligibility purposes, applicants must qualify for ILS as described in USAREUR Regulation 600-700, Section III, 7-13. Criteria under which applicants qualify for ILS are: must serve the U.S. Forces exclusively; are not stateless persons; are not ordinarily resident in the host nation.
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.