Building Monitor II, Camp Kinser
- Job Ref:
- Camp Kinser- japan to Camp Kinser- Okinawa
- Part time
Building Monitor II
Location: Camp Kinser, Okinawa
Overseas Contingent I, Part Time, 48% FTE University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC)
Asia seeks a Building Monitor II. The Building Monitor II reports to and works with the Site Lead and Assistant Director (AD) in the administration of UMGC programs. Required duties/activities to be accomplished by the Building Monitor II are listed below:
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensure that quality services are provided to all current and prospective students and to be responsive to students and student issues
- Responsible for setting-up live streaming equipment prior to live-streaming classes, serving as first-level technical support to immediately respond to and troubleshoot live streaming issues, and securing live streaming equipment at the end of live streaming class meetings
- Opening and closing the UMGC Asia computer lab, building entrances, and classrooms, and proctoring exams Ensure that building rules are abided by UMGC Asia students and that all UMGC Asia labs/rooms are clean and presentable Other job-related duties as assigned REQUIRED
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants must have a high school diploma Available for a flexible work schedule including early mornings, days, late evenings, weekends, and holidays Basic office management, computer and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills Successful applicants must be able to pass background check and meet requirements for individual logistic support (ILS).
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate's Degree is preferred Customer service experience Advanced computer skills, to include Microsoft Excel and Word
Who May Apply: local applicants with individual logistical support (ILS) only. Applicants must already have and be able to maintain ILS, meaning that they must possess a U.S. military ID card and SOFA card from an external source, as this position does not offer ILS. Criteria under which applicants qualify for ILS are: must serve the US Forces exclusively; are not stateless persons; are not ordinarily resident in the host nation.
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.