Communicating, Problem Solving, and Leading in Cybersecurity, Department of First Term Experience - Adjunct Faculty
- Job Ref:
- CSM LaPlata
- Adjunct Faculty
- Part time
Communicating, Problem Solving, and Leading in Cybersecurity
First Term Experience
Location: Dorsey, MD or La Plata, MD
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach, on-site in the United States in the Cybersecurity program. Specifically, we are seeking faculty for the following course:
CBR 600 - Communicating, Problem Solving, and Leading in Cybersecurity:
Make yourself more valuable to an employer by gaining and improving skills in communication and problem solving. Explore the field of cybersecurity by developing connections to your career aspirations, creating a professional social network presence, and using critical thinking to inform decisions. Improve and refine your skills in communication, critical thinking, quantitative reasoning, and team leadership. Hone your professional writing and oral communication skills to produce effective presentations and become proficient with current technology.
Required Education and Experience
- Master's degree in Cybersecurity or a related field from an accredited institution of higher learning required. Terminal degree preferred.
- Professional experience in Cybersecurity and Business or a related field
- Experience teaching adult learners online and in higher education is strongly preferred
- This position is specifically to teach in Dorsey, MD or La Plata, MD
Materials needed for submission
- Resume / Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter highly preferred
- If selected, candidates with international degrees may be required to submit a translation/degree evaluation from a NACES approved vendor.
Who We Are and Who We Serve
UMGC - one of 11 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM) - is a mission-driven institution with seven core values that guide us in all we do. At the top of the list is "Students First,” and we strive to do just that for our 90,000 students at home and abroad. From its start in 1947, UMGC has demonstrated its commitment to adult learners. We recognize that adult students need flexibility and options. UMGC is proud to be a global, 24-hour, institution of higher learning.
The typical UMGC student is an adult learner juggling a career, family, and other priorities. Roughly 80% work full time, half are parents, and half are minority students. They are continuing their education to better themselves, their families, and their professional opportunities. UMGC is also a leading higher education provider to the U.S. military, enrolling 55,000 active-duty service members, reservists, National Guard members, veterans, and family members annually. We are proud of our military heritage and are committed to this service.
The Adjunct Faculty Role at UMGC
UMGC is committed to helping students achieve success not only with us, but also in their professional fields. As a result, we actively seek faculty members who are scholar-practitioners: professionals who are actively and successfully engaged in their field who additionally wish to help the next generation of professionals grow in their knowledge and expertise through education. Your role as an adjunct faculty member will be to:
- Actively engage students through frequent interaction that motivates them to succeed, and conveys a genuine energy and enthusiasm for their learning.
- Guide students in active collaboration and the application of their learning in problem- and project-based learning demonstrations.
- Provide rich and regular constructive feedback, utilizing rubrics effectively for the assessment of student work, and acknowledging student accomplishments.
- Demonstrate relevant and current subject-matter expertise, and help students connect concepts across their academic program.
- Provide feedback to your program chair on possible curricular improvements.
The Cybersecurity Program at UMGC
Please visit the following link to learn more about this program, including its description, outcomes, and coursework: http://www.umuc.edu/academic-programs/cyber-security/index.cfm
Faculty Training at UMGC
We are committed to your professional success at UMGC. Each new faculty member is required to successfully complete our online two-week new faculty orientation, FacDev 411, as a condition of hire.
Position Available and will Remain Open until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Adjunct faculty candidates will be required to provide official transcripts during the candidate selection process
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.