Customer Relations Associate I
- Job Ref:
- Largo, MD
- Full time
Customer Relations Associate I
Office of Student Accounts
Non-Exempt, Regular, Full Time, Pay Grade 009
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is seeking a Customer Relations Associate I. Reporting to the Supervisor, Customer Relations, the Customer Relations Associate I will complete tasks related to student accounts and financial inquiries.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Research and respond to student inquiries regarding their student account via phone, email, and in person.
- Work with Third Party vendors to resolve or assist with the resolution of student escalations via case management system, requiring coordination with other units.
- Maintain and provide feedback to management to increase unit effectiveness.
- Provide world class customer service to students by meeting guidelines established by the Quality Assurance Team, including responding to inquiries in a timely and accurate manner, while adhering to departmental standards for quality assurance.
- Articulate and promote teamwork, ensuring that work meets established standards of quantity or quality. Assist with the coordination of the unit work priorities
- Assist with training new hires on Customer Relations policies and procedures.
- Provide 2nd level customer service and escalations, utilizing the case management system
- Assist other UMGC staff with account analyzation
- Perform other job related duties as needed
Note: The intent of this list of primary duties is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED.
EXPERIENCE: Four years progressively responsible clerical work to include at least three years on a self-directed team.
OTHER REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of team office practices, procedures and equipment; of business english, grammar, spelling, and punctuation. General knowledge of the principles of team leadership and office management. Skill in planning and coordinating team clerical work; in interpreting and applying departmental policies and procedures; in operating manual and automated office equipment including personal computers and related software; in composing correspondence, compiling statistical data, and preparing reports; in performing mathematical computations; creation and maintenance of paper and computer files; in effective telephone usage; in organizing, coordinating, and executing multiple assignments under specific time constraints. Ability to work effectively in a self-directed team-based work environment; to understand and apply team quality and performance standards. Ability to train and guide team clerical personnel; to maintain poise and courtesy under pressure; to lead analysis of clerical problems and selection of corrective action; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to plan and coordinate team activities with multiple areas of the organization; to establish and maintain effective work relationships both within and outside the team.
SALARY IS COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.