Director, Creative Design and Development
- Job Ref:
- Largo, MD
- Learning Solutions
- Full time
Director of Creative Design and Development
Learning Design and Solutions
Exempt, Regular, Full Time, Pay Grade 3.4
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is seeking a Director of Creative Design and Development. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Course Development, the Director of Creative Design and Development establishes and drives the overall strategy for design by providing expertise, leadership, coaching, and support in the development of instructional programs, courses, and content. The Director of Creative Design and Development partners with academic leadership from Course Development, Academic Affairs, and other UMGC teams, divisions, and extra-university agencies, as needed, to plan, produce, implement, and evaluate best-in-class design solutions that enhance learner experience in digital environments, including instructional content, and assessment activities. The Director of Creative Design and Development contributes to the strategic vision of the UMGC learning model and supporting processes and provides creative leadership within Course Development to achieve that vision.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Contribute to the strategic vision for the identification, design and implementation of outcomes-based and/or competency-based instructional approaches, content, activities, and assessment to be used in online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses
- Build and lead a high-performing creative team of learning designers (including managers, sr learning designers, and learnings designers), artists, user experience, and media specialists through processes and policies, training and on-boarding on UMGC approaches to learning design, performance assessment, coaching, mentoring, and feedback
- Lead the creation of rich digital content and concepts, layouts, design systems, interaction models, visual prototypes, user interface elements, storyboards, typography, wireframes, and user flows.
- Plan, develop, and manage implementation of multiple large, high-profile, projects running concurrently with competing deadlines, identify and mitigate risks
- Contribute to the strategic vision and operations of Course Development
- Foster opportunities for innovation and creative solutioning within Course Development and in conjunction with AccelerEd technologies available to us.
- Assist and Represent the AVP, in leading the Course Development team and in all functions and when the AVP is unavailable.
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Five to seven (5-7) years of relevant work experience in instructional design
- Three to five (3-5) years of supervisory experience in higher education
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in instructional design or related field
- A minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in designing and implementing outcomes-based (or competency-based) instruction, instructional content, and assessment to be used in online courses.
- Five or more years of supervisory experience.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.