Director of Business Development
Office of Institutional Advancement
Exempt, Regular, 100% Full Time, Pay Grade 3.4
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is seeking a Director of Business Development. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Career Development, the Director of Business Development is responsible for the overall strategy, implementation, administration, services, policies, supervision and management of personnel and programs related to the delivery of corporate career services that connect students and graduates with organizations hiring for InternPLUS opportunities and full-time professional employment as a result of outplacement from corporate clients.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Works collaboratively and creatively with CLS in the development of strategy and execution of services for increasing enrollment for corporate clients, acting as key liaison between Career Services and CLS in delivery of employer services
- Actively identifies and develops employer relationships for corporate outplacement clients such as Amazon’s Career Choice program participants. This includes utilizing large national datasets to identify companies within the site locations that have openings specific to the skill set of the graduates of Career Choice; developing a comprehensive engagement strategy with these employers and overseeing their participation with Assistant Directors of Corporate Career Advising to have them provide in-person presentations, and recruitment activities
- Develops comprehensive result reports (i.e. # of participants who secured jobs, positions available locally, anecdotal comments, graduate surveys) for UMGC leadership and corporate clients
- Continuously collaborates with Director of Employer Services to a ensure consistently coordinated approach to employer development and unified messaging regarding UMGC is being implemented
- Collaborate with Certification Liaison in prioritization of certification focus based on stated employer needs
- Participates in proposal presentations as needed and identified by CLS to represent to advantages of the UMGC talent pipeline
- Supervises two Assistant Directors of Corporate Career Advising and funnels recruiters and employer reps to them for programming and recruiting events
- Evening and weekend hours will be required; travel will be required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Seven (7) years of career services experience; knowledge of USAJobs, Pathways, federal hiring practices and general labor market trends
- Knowledge of effective job seeking skills (resumes, interviews, LinkedIn and other networking); experience with online job and internship boards and career services web-based tools
- Effective presentation skills; business and/or employer development
- Excellent attention to detail; excellent oral and written communication skills; experience using CRMs to manage prospects; and excellent customer service skills
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Experience in successful university/employer partnership development; experience with career services platforms and software; previous successful supervisory experience
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.