Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 3.2
The Director of Scheduling position will report to the Vice President of Academic Operations. The Director will lead the department by managing a team of skilled functional staff including Operations Specialists and Analysts who are responsible for the development, implementation, analysis, maintenance, and continual improvement of the academic calendar and course scheduling.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing and leading department initiatives and projects by supporting efforts internal and external to the department, including helping to frame the technology roadmap. The unit serves a critical role in ensuring that the university calendar and course scheduling is managed, coordinated and utilized fully in order to improve business processes and overall department efficiencies.
- Manage projects related to technology implementations, upgrades and system changes for student scheduling.
- Work with other groups in Academics, Academic Operations, Enrollment, and across the university to resolve calendar and schedule challenges and remove barriers to effective and efficient workflows.
- Assists in the reporting process for the university, ensuring that all required reports are correct, completed timely, and communicated to the college stakeholders appropriately.
- Provides oversight and supervision of staff and ensures that standardized processes are being followed and that accurate work is being performed. Monitor quality assurance measures to check for accuracy and completeness of processes and ensure a high level of customer service is being delivered.
- Reviews procedures to ensure that the department is in compliance with Federal, State and institutional policies. Meets all required standards of confidentiality and safety and security of student records. Will be responsible for setting and monitoring performance metrics for all staff members.
- Coordinates and monitors staff development and appropriate training, including professional development, compliance. Facilitates implementation of administrative and personnel objectives congruent and compliant with the mission of the college and regulatory agencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree from a regionally accredited university
- At least 3-5 years experience in education and with evidence of progressive increases in levels of responsibility
- Excellent communication and presentation skills—the ability to make the complex simple and to communicate effectively with academic, technical, and administrative audiences.
- Collaborator and consensus builder
- Committed to and conversant with how to develop faculty and staff for organizational and personal success.
- Personal initiative—sets high standards for self and team; motivates the team to new levels of achievement
- Creative and innovative
- Drives projects to completion
- Organizational savvy—understands how to work effectively within an institution and across organizational units to get the job done on time and in alignment with strategic goals and objectives
- Emotional intelligence—has the ability to work well across boundaries and in a highly diverse environment in the service of achieving institutional goals
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree (preferred) and three to five years of administrative experience in higher education or a related field
- Evidence of leadership and creative accomplishment in working with policies and procedures related to course management
- Knowledge and understanding of College organization, goals and objectives, and policies and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership and creative accomplishments in establishing new processes
- Ability to consider the impact of policies and procedures on students, faculty and administration
- Familiarity with higher education policies and practices, including regional and national accreditation
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.