- Job Ref:
- Dorsey - Elkridge, MD
- Advising and Enrollment
- Full time
Strategic Enrollment Management
Contingent II, Exempt, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.2
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks an Education Coordinator in the Office of Admissions. Reporting to the Associate Director, the Education Coordinator will use strong critical-thinking skills to help a diverse population of adult learners and transfer students overcome a myriad of obstacles to fulfill their educational objectives. Successful candidates enjoy working in a high energy, fast-paced environment, demonstrate enthusiasm and initiative, and possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish rapport with prospective students.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide outstanding service to community college transfer students by responding to inquiries, through telephone, email, in-person, or other communication channels.
- Reach out to and maintain relationships with prospective students by establishing rapport and trust, educating them on UMGC programs and admissions requirements, and assisting prospective students through their application and first enrollment process.
- Guide prospective students through their decision-making process by engaging in a consultative dialogue to explore and uncover student needs and concerns, presenting information in a professional, articulate, and confident manner, and effectively communicating the value proposition of the university.
- Proactively engage with prospective students and help them overcome potential barriers within the student enrollment process.
- Independently represent the University virtually and at locations throughout the state at recruitment events, transfer fairs, webinars and on community college campuses.
- Conduct classroom presentations virtually and/or onsite to increase awareness of the MD Completion Scholarship, UMGC's online classroom, program articulations and transfer process
- Contribute to individual, team, and unit goals on a daily, weekly, monthly basis so that new student growth targets are met.
- Consistently demonstrate high quality customer service and adherence to contact strategy
- Accurately document, maintain, and track all prospective student and applicant interactions, information, and progression through the new student enrollment process in the CRM system.
- Serve as the prospective student's liaison to help assist them through various student services-related issues, i.e., UMGC Academics, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Registrar's Office, etc.
- Evening, weekend hours and possibly holidays may be required at times based on business need
- Perform other related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An earned Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Two (2) years of relevant work experience in a customer-facing role.
- Candidates must possess excellent customer service, time management, creative problem solving, interpersonal, oral and written communications, and presentation skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Some evenings, weekends and extensive in-state travel is required. Candidates must have a good driving record along with reliable transportation and auto insurance.
- Experience working in a goal-driven, measured performance, and team environment is also required.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in any of the following areas: higher education admissions or enrollment management, recruiting, educational or training-industry sales, consultative inside sales of a service offering, call center or high-volume, customer service environment.
- Experience leveraging CRM or call center applications and tools is also preferred.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR REMOTE ROLE:
- Home worksite furniture and equipment shall be provided by the Candidate.
- UMGC will provide necessary office supplies, a laptop, monitor and headset.
- Network communication to non-public UMGC online information technology services and data shall be made only through the use of the UMGC Virtual Private Network (VPN) to ensure data is transmitted through encrypted channels and proper authentication.
- All computing equipment that is used, whether purchased by UMGC or the individual, must be connected to broadband internet through an Ethernet connection.
- All computing equipment that is used must be connected to broadband internet with upload and download speeds of at least 25MBPS. You must also hardwire your laptop to the router through an Ethernet connection.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is committed to helping safeguard the health of its faculty, staff, students, contractors, and guests. Because vaccinations reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2—the virus that causes COVID-19—and in alignment with the University System of Maryland (USM) vaccination mandate, all prospective UMGC faculty (full-time and adjunct) and staff are required to be fully vaccinated, unless an exception is approved as a reasonable accommodation based on disability or religion.
Prospective faculty and staff must provide their vaccination status and submit proof of vaccination (or a copy of their Approved Exception Letter) before the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or show proof of exception may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.