Ethical Hacking, School of Cybersecurity & Information Assurance - Adjunct Faculty
- Job Ref:
- Eglin Air Force Base - Eglin, FL
- Adjunct Faculty
- Part time
School of Cybersecurity & Information Assurance
Location: Norfolk, VA, San Diego, CA, Fort Gordon, GA, Fort Meade, MD or Eglin AFB, FL
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks adjunct faculty to teach, on site in the Computer Networking and Security program. Specifically, we are seeking faculty for the following course:
Ethical Hacking (CMIT 321): Designed to help prepare for the EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker certifications. Development of the structured knowledge base needed to discover vulnerabilities and recommend solutions for tightening network security and protecting data from potential attackers. Focus is on penetration-testing tools and techniques to protect computer networks.
Required Education and Experience
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Interested Faculty MUST have an ACTIVE and CURRENT Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification.
- Professional experience in Computer Science or related field
- You must meet the minimum technology requirements, which can be reviewed at https://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/facultyrecruit/upload/Adjunct-Faculty-Minimum-Technology-Requirements.pdf
- Experience teaching adult learners online and in higher education is strongly preferred
- This position is specifically to teach in Norfolk, VA, San Diego, CA, Fort Gordon, GA, Fort Meade, MD or Eglin AFB, FL
Materials needed for submission
- Resume/ Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter highly preferred
- If selected, candidates with international degrees may be required to submit translation/ degree evaluation from a NACES approved Vendor.
Who We Are and Who We Serve
UMGC—one of 12 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland (USM)—is a mission-driven institution with seven core values that guide us in all we do. At the top of the list is "Students First,” and we strive to do just that for our 90,000 students at home and abroad. From its start in 1947, UMGC has demonstrated its commitment to adult learners. We recognize that adult students need flexibility and options. UMGC is proud to be a global, 24-hour, institution of higher learning.
The typical UMGC student is an adult learner juggling a career, family, and other priorities. Roughly 80% work full time, half are parents, and half are minority students. They are continuing their education to better themselves, their families, and their professional opportunities. UMGC is also a leading higher education provider to the U.S. military, enrolling 55,000 active-duty service members, reservists, National Guard members, veterans, and family members annually. We are proud of our military heritage and are committed to this service.
The Adjunct Faculty Role at UMGC
UMGC is committed to helping students achieve success not only with us, but also in their professional fields. As a result, we actively seek faculty members who are scholar-practitioners: professionals who are actively and successfully engaged in their field who additionally wish to help the next generation of professionals grow in their knowledge and expertise through education. Your role as an adjunct faculty member will be to:
- Actively engage students through frequent interaction that motivates them to succeed, and conveys a genuine energy and enthusiasm for their learning.
- Guide students in active collaboration and the application of their learning in problem- and project-based learning demonstrations.
- Provide rich and regular constructive feedback, utilizing rubrics effectively for the assessment of student work, and acknowledging student accomplishments.
- Demonstrate relevant and current subject-matter expertise, and help students connect concepts across their academic program.
- Provide feedback to your program chair on possible curricular improvements.
The Computer Networks and Cybersecurity program at UMGC
Please visit the following link to learn more about this program, including its description, outcomes, and coursework:
Faculty Training at UMGC
We are committed to your professional success at UMGC. Each new faculty member is required to successfully complete our online two-week new faculty orientation, FacDev 411, as a condition of hire.
Position Available and will Remain Open until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Adjunct faculty candidates will be required to provide official transcripts during the candidate selection process.
The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.