Financial Aid Accountant
- Job Ref:
- Largo, MD
- Financial Aid
- Full time
Financial Aid Accountant
Office of Financial Aid
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.2
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks a Financial Aid Accountant in the Office of Financial Aid. Reporting to the Assistant Director, R2T4, the Financial Aid Accountant specializes in the Return of Title IV funds to assess student enrollment and determine if any financial aid adjustments are required. This position will evaluate financial aid applicants and determine if awards need to be adjusted in accordance with state, federal, and institutional policies governing financial aid. Occasional travel between local UMUC locations may be required.
* This is an entry level position *
Must be able to meet and maintain access requirements for secure federal and/or state websites, such as the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). Individuals cannot currently be in default on a student loan.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Review complex enrollment scenarios to determine if a Return to Title IV Funds calculation, post withdrawal disbursement or loss of financial aid eligibility is required, and use strategic and independent judgment to perform R2T4 calculations within the federally mandated timeframes.
- Create computerized reports, merge and evaluate data from multiple sources, change award amounts, maintain statistical data, and generate communications to students.
- Counsel and advise students, parents, and UMUC staff on the impact of changes in enrollment, financial aid eligibility and balances due to the university.
- Maintain current knowledge of federal Title IV regulations, state rules and institutional policies pertaining to financial aid and identify ongoing improvements/automation for the R2T4 process.
- Develop R2T4 models for each semester.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning plus four (4) years of professional experience in higher education, banking, accounting, business or customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; demonstrated experience with computerized office systems including but not limited to; Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple administrative tasks with minimal oversight and experience providing customer service in a timely and proficient manner.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Financial aid experience and functional experience with PeopleSoft and/or Salesforce are preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.