Office of Budget and Financial Analysis
Exempt, Regular, Full Time, Pay Grade 1.3
University of Maryland Global Campus seeks a Financial Analyst in the Office Budget & Financial Planning and Analysis. The Financial Analyst will report directly to the Director, Financial Analysis, and is responsible for analyzing financial performance to determine present and future performance. Overall responsibilities include financial analysis, budget reporting, forecasting, data compilation, and modeling.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Analyze current and past University financial performance and trends to determine present and future performance.
- Create detailed financial reports and summaries on a regular basis for management
- Provide reporting of University revenues and expenditures through various models and forecasting
- Perform variance analysis and reporting
- Collect and compile data to provide your manager an accurate financial picture of University financials
- Assist with various financial, accounting, and budgetary requests from departments across the organization
- Preparation of all documents and information for various Board meetings
- Review P-card transactions, payment of invoices, requisitions, travel and expense reports, and signature files.
- All-encompassing ad-hoc financial analysis and special projects
- Provide a high level of customer service to all stakeholders of the University
- Provide analysis and summary reports to management
- Maintain confidentiality of information including salaries and operational expenses
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Will have 1-2 years of experience in an executive financial environment
- Strong analytical and forecasting skills
- Experience preparing detailed financial analyses and reports for fiscal performance
- Proficient in Excel, MS Office, and Workday (Adaptive Insights Experience Preferred)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer candidates with an advanced degree in accounting or finance
- Analytical background
- Higher education institutional experience in a Student Financial Services or Bursar’s Office, knowledge of Goldmine or similar CRM software and knowledge of ticketing systems to communicate with students
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.