Financial Decision Making, Department of Business Administration - Adjunct Faculty
- Job Ref:
- College Park, MD
- Adjunct Faculty
- Part time
Financial Decision Making
Location: College Park, MD, Dorsey, MD, or La Plata, MD
University of Maryland Global Campus seeks adjunct faculty to teach in the Master of Business Administration Program. Specifically, we are looking for faculty to teach the following course:
MBA 620: Financial Decision Making
Conduct financial analysis to accomplish strategic goals for an organization. Analyze financial statements to estimate the financial risks faced by the organization. Make effective operational decisions related to pricing, product mix, and distribution channels by analyzing costs, revenues, and profitability. Use capital budgeting techniques to determine the suitability of candidate projects and determine long-term capital requirements needed to support an organization.
Required Education and Experience:
- A terminal degree (i.e. PhD, JD, DBA) in business or a related field is required from an accredited institution of higher learning
- CPA, CFA or equivalent certification preferred
- Professional finance or accounting experience
- Minimum technology requirements to teach at University of Maryland Global Campus can be found and reviewed at http://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/facultyrecruit/ under Faculty Resources
- This position is specifically to teach on site at our College Park, MD, Dorsey, MD, or La Plata, MD locations.
Materials needed for submission
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter highly preferred
- If selected, candidates with international degrees may be required to submit a translation/degree evaluation from a NACES approved vendor.
Who We Are and Who We Serve
University of Maryland Global Campus - one of 11 degree-granting institutions in the University System of Maryland - is a mission-driven institution with seven core values that guide us in all we do. At the top of the list is "Students First," and we strive to do just that for our 90,000 students at home and abroad. From its start in 1947, University of Maryland Global Campus has demonstrated its commitment to adult learners. We recognize that adult students need flexibility and options.
University of Maryland Global Campus is proud to be a global, 24-hour, institution of higher learning.
The typical University of Maryland Global Campus student is an adult learner juggling a career, family, and other priorities. Roughly 80% work full time, half are parents, and half are minority students. They are continuing their education to better themselves, their families, and their professional opportunities. University of Maryland Global Campus is also a leading higher education provider to the U.S. military, enrolling 55,000 active-duty service members, reservists, National Guard members, veterans, and family members annually. We are proud of our military heritage and are committed to this service.
The Adjunct Faculty Role at University of Maryland Global Campus
University of Maryland Global Campus is committed to helping students achieve success not only with us, but also in their professional fields. As a result, we actively seek faculty members who are scholar-practitioners: professionals who are actively and successfully engaged in their field who additionally wish to help the next generation of professionals grow in their knowledge and expertise through education. Your role as an adjunct faculty member will be to:
- Actively engage students though frequent interaction that motivates them to succeed, and conveys a genuine energy and enthusiasm for their learning
- Guide students in active collaboration and the application of their learning in problem- and project-based learning demonstrations
- Provide rich and regular constructive feedback, utilizing rubrics effectively for the assessment of student work, and acknowledging student accomplishments
- Demonstrate relevant and current subject-matter expertise, and help students connect concepts across their academic program
- Provide feedback to your Program Director on possible curricular improvements
The ELM MBA program at University of Maryland Global Campus
To learn more about this program, including its description, outcomes, and coursework, please visit:
Faculty Training at University of Maryland Global Campus
We are committed to your professional success at University of Maryland Global Campus. Each new faculty member is required to successfully complete our online two-week new faculty orientation, FacDev 411, as a condition of hire.
Position Available and will Remain Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Adjunct faculty candidates will be required to provide official transcripts during the candidate selection process.
The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.