Lead Marketing Analyst
- Job Ref:
- Adelphi, MD
- Marketing and Communications
- Full time
Lead Marketing Analyst
Office of Marketing
Exempt, Regular, Full Time, Pay Grade 3.3
Job Location: Adelphi, MD (with partial Remote)
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks a Lead Marketing Analyst. This is a key role in the Marketing organization, reporting to the Director of Marketing Optimization. UMGC is one of the biggest advertisers in the DMV area and one of the largest universities in the country with over 90,000 students. This is a great opportunity to help optimize a large marketing budget across multiple mediums and geographies. This role is part of a small-sized, but large-impact team and will help make important optimization decisions from day one.
This person is responsible for media optimization (ensuring we are spending on the best performing ads), lead conversion optimization (monitoring conversion of prospects into students) and new student forecasting (working closely with FP&A to analyze financial impact). This is accomplished via tracking the data through our data warehouse/Tableau, Salesforce, Google 360 and other tools. Success in this role will be measured by reduced cost-per-acquisition metrics, improved conversion rates and deeper understanding about the relative strengths of the different parts of our advertising mix and the different steps in the conversion funnel. This is an individual contributor role, with no direct reports.
The Lead Marketing Analyst will work with a variety of groups to achieve their goals, including Marketing (internal team and external agencies), Financial Planning & Analysis, Business Intelligence, Salesforce, Call Center, Web Site, and Enrollment. This is a very interactive role, requiring daily partnering with each of these groups to fully understand processes, properly audit, gain buy-in, build, and monitor success. The Lead Marketing Analyst will proactively identify new opportunities, deliver insights confidently, and lead initiatives comfortably.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Leverage a variety of different internal and external data sources (including marketing, media, website, lead, application, and student data), using tools like Tableau, Salesforce, Google Analytics, SQL and Excel to audit and analyze media performance & mix to drive actionable recommendations
• Deep dive into advertising channels like paid search, display, paid social, tv, radio, print, and out-of-home
• Work closely with Financial Planning & Analysis to develop new student forecasts and budgets. Utilize data from the entire student life cycle (acquisition to graduation) to align marketing KPIs with finance KPIs
• Interpret marketing data and metrics to provide optimization opportunities through the marketing funnel
• Help bring findings and opportunities to life and tell a compelling story
• Participate in brainstorming and testing of new campaign ideas or conversion improvement projects
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with key external partners and groups within the university. These relationships will be critical in achieving success in this role, as heavy collaboration will be necessary to execute on findings
• Aid in further development of our data warehouse and reporting tools so we can continue to evolve our sophistication and performance. Continue to evolve our selection of KPIs
• Maintain up-to-date expert knowledge of data analytics / data science trends and best practices
• Help to better understand the full impact of our advertising by seeking out and engaging with analytics vendors regarding novel techniques for analytics and modeling
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (engineering, economics, finance, mathematics, statistics, science, etc.) from an accredited institution of higher learning
• Four (4) or more years of total experience deriving actionable insights for large organizations
• Two (2) or more years working with a large data warehouse
• Four (4) or more years of experience developing reports to highlight strengths and weaknesses of campaigns/initiatives
• Knowledge of SQL
• Advanced proficiency with Excel and data visualization tools, preferably Tableau
• Strong analytical skills and an ability to identify actionable insights
• Experience and comfort leading initiatives and driving success
• A natural problem solver who is curious and ambitious
• Someone entrepreneurial and comfortable challenging the status quo
• A detail-oriented person who is excited to roll up their sleeves to get the job done
• Strong communication skills and the ability to articulate findings to executives
• Comfort building PowerPoint presentations summarizing insights
• Collaborative worker and strong team player
• A strong solutions and results orientation
• Embraces and appreciates the mission of higher education for working adults
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Some experience with R and/or Python
• Some background in statistics
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is committed to helping safeguard the health of its faculty, staff, students, contractors, and guests. Because vaccinations reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2-the virus that causes COVID-19-all prospective UMGC faculty (full-time and adjunct) and staff are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated and current with the recommended boosters. As always, operations at our military locations in Europe, Asia, and stateside will follow the guidance of the U.S. Department of Defense and local commands, and may require proof of full vaccination, unless an exception is approved as a reasonable accommodation based on disability or religion. If so, a copy of their Approved Exception Letter must be provided before the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or show proof of exception may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.