Locations: Manama, Bahrain
Category: Overseas Regular, 100% FTE, Full-Time, Grade 004
The Logistics Supervisor serves as a functional team member of the UMGC regional office on administrative and logistical operations; supervises the Logistics Specialist if one exists for the region, and in absence of the Regional Director or Assistant Director, serves in acting roles to manage the region. The Logistics Supervisor will be required to travel to UMGC locations to provide administrative support and additional coverage for the region.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Oversee and supervise region’s logistics and accounts receivable and accounts payable matters
- Perform administrative duties to support the regional offices
- In the absence of Regional Director or Assistant Director, serves in an acting role to manage the field sites and personnel
- Coordinates with HQs Business Office on matters of financial transactions for the region
- Coordinates with HQs Administrative Operations on logistical matters
- Assisting employees with physical onboarding and off-boarding needs as required
- Coordinating with HQ and COR Liaison to ensure base access and transportation needs are met for the existing and incoming/outgoing employees as well as those on TDY as needed (e.g., airport pickup)
- Serving as a liaison with on/off base vendors, hotels, and housing management offices
- Coordinating with HQ IT and assisting with the contracts for local internet providers, water and electricity companies as required for offices within the region
- Managing and maintaining the inventory and ordering office supplies as required
- Resolving building and equipment issues
- Assist with arranging hotels, facilities, and other associated arrangements for meetings and workshops that take place within the region as needed
- Managing of fleet vehicles assigned to the region, including maintenance schedule and usage SOP adherence
- Communicating and keeping a good working relationship with various military affiliated offices necessary for processing logistics paperwork for our staff and faculty
- Assist with non-combatant evacuation operations (NEO) in the respective region if ever necessary, including support of the Recall Roster for the Regional Director
- Other duties as assigned to include backup program coordinator and NTC duties.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Assisting with background investigations for new and existing staff/faculty as needed
- Processing initial and renewal of base and vehicle passes for non-SOFA faculty and student base access passes as required
- Assisting with regional marketing and outreach, including maintaining inventory, ordering supplies, and coordinating events
- Maintaining inventory of information technology equipment, ordering equipment and related supplies, logging regional wide issues and coordinating IT assistance from Headquarters
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a U.S. regionally accredited institution or foreign degree equivalent
- Program Coordinator, Program and National Testing Center Coordinator experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, pay great attention to detail, and meet strict deadlines
- Discretion, confidentiality, and the ability to represent UMGC effectively in a high-visibility office
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, especially Excel, and be proficient in databases usage
- Possess a valid local driver’s license
- Able to lift up to 25 lbs. of materials
- Professional demeanor and excellent customer service skills
- Successful applicants must be able to pass medical screening, background check and meet requirements for individual logistic support (ILS)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to speak, read, and write the host country’s language fluently
- Two (2) years’ experience working in an administrative support position
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or foreign degree equivalent
WHO MAY APPLY: Applicants with individual logistical support (ILS) preferred. Applicant must qualify for ILS. Criteria under which applicants qualify for ILS are: must serve the US Forces exclusively; are not stateless persons; are not ordinarily resident in the host nation.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.