Manager, Educational Technology
- Job Ref:
- Largo, MD
- Faculty Services
- Full time
Manager, Educational Technology
School of Cybersecurity & Information Technology Dean's Office
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 2.3
Largo, MD or Remote
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Academic Initiatives, the Manager of Educational Technology supports a range of academic and administrative functions, processes, and workflows associated with the adoption, implementation, optimization, and scaling of educational technology and tools in the cybersecurity and information technology curriculum. The Manager provides administrative coordination and process support for learning technology and technology-driven innovation in curriculum under the purview of the Dean of Cybersecurity and Information Technology.
The Manager plays a critical role in the processes that govern and provision the use of educational technology and tools for students' mastery of knowledge, skills, and abilities central to the achievement of competencies in cybersecurity and information technology courses and programs. The Manager works closely with academic program leaders, faculty, curriculum designers, course developers, and the institution's learning technology provider to support the continued enhancement of innovative technology and other related technology-related curriculum projects. The Manager provides critical information and data to faculty, staff, and leadership working in curriculum design processes when educational technology tools, services, environments, or other ed-tech resources are incorporated in the course and is conversant with necessary policies and processes workflows to support the Senior Director, program leadership, the Dean's office, and stakeholders outside the School who are involved this work.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, technologically savvy, adaptive to fast-moving operations and rapid-change technologies, a quick-study in learning new tools and techniques, and excellent in overseeing multiple workflows simultaneously. The Manager will be able to employ a collaborative style with the highest ethical standards to engender an environment of trust and cultivate a community engaged in and committed to continuous quality improvement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage partnerships with tech vendors and external products used in cybersecurity and information technology curricula;
- Collaborate with program directors, course leadership, and IT professionals and learning technologists to define requirements for new ed-tech tools or enhancements to existing tools and services;
- Research, analyze, and recommend new educational technology products and tools aligned to requirements, and in collaboration with program directors, course leadership, curriculum design teams, and the institution's learning technology provider;
- Monitor, coordinate, and communicate with the university's learning technology provider for resolution of student connectivity and access issues for and assurance for consistent and successful use of all tools and products;
- Research and recommend resolution for ADA compliance of all tools and products used in courses and coordinate related processes with the Offices of Procurement, Course Development Unit, Legal Affairs and the institution's learning technology provider;
- Manage tool and product renewal and administrative maintenance;
- Maintain proficient knowledge of existing tools and how they are integrated, how students are provisioned access;
- Maintain current knowledge of tools and learning products in the IT/Cyber curriculum and recommend adoption of new services;
- Routinely analyze student engagement with educational technology products and how the tools impact student success;
- Serve as primary point of contact for questions and queries related to educational technology tools, products, and their use within the School;
- Create and maintain intranet spaces, ensuring accurate, current, and logically formatted-presented information for the training and use of educational technology products and tools;
- Produce and maintain training and instruction for student use and interaction with tools;
- Assist in planning, preparing for and facilitating various coaching sessions for tech tool consultations and coaching sessions with program leadership, faculty, and students;
- Create necessary data and reports from various sources and using information to inform work;
- Additional job-related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning;
- Three (3) to five (5) years of Relationship Management experience;
- At least one (1) year of experience in higher education administration or other demonstrably similar experience in educational technology, instructional design, product ownership and management, or vendor and partner relationship management;
- Advanced customer skills required to communicate with faculty, students and staff;
- Demonstrates the ability and aptitude to coordinate and support less experienced staff;
- Proficient with various software applications and ability to learn new tools quickly;
- Ability to apply judgment to situations in order to escalate when necessary;
- Demonstrates initiative and proactively seeks to improve business processes and outcomes;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with ability to juggle multiple competing priorities;
- Highly collaborative;
- Committed to advancing a diverse and inclusive culture and environment within the program, department, school, and institution.
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning;
- Demonstrated interest in higher education, particularly for adult learners;
- Project management experience;
- Familiarity with higher education needs and the organizations;
- Ability to work with academic administrators in fostering and supporting faculty development and student issue resolution;
- Knowledge of student success initiatives;
- Awareness of contemporary learning science and educational research, either through education or professional experience;
- Ability to establish and maintain a productive network of relationships with potential partners in academic affairs;
- Prior experience in distance education.
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.