Military Education Coordinator
Office of Stateside Military Partnerships
Exempt, Contingent II, Full Time, Pay Grade 1.2
The Military Education Coordinator will report to the Assistant Director or Director in the Office of Stateside Military Operations and work closely with military education centers to serve prospective and current students and facilitate hybrid class offerings and testing services to military/veteran and civilian students. The Military Education Coordinator is responsible for serving students via face-to-face advising, administrative support, recruitment/retention outreach, and test proctoring services for students on military installations and the surrounding areas.
LOCATION: This position is 100% on-site position with travel to other military installations required to provide office coverage. This position is not eligible for telework or remote work.
HOURS: Evening and weekend hours are required. Specific work schedule will be provided by management and will be subject to change without notice. This position is not eligible for Alternative Work Schedules.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Day and overnight travel to other military installations and other UMGC locations is required.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide students with superior customer service as an advocate and advisor throughout the academic cycle. Promote and support localized UMGC services to include hybrid classes, testing services, and graduation ceremonies as assigned at military installations and civilian sites where relevant. Provide operational and administrative duties as needed to ensure offices and test centers (if applicable) are properly maintained by the standards set by the military education center officers.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and proficiency with UMGC systems to include all customer relationship management (CRM) databases to include Salesforce, Peoplesoft, and DMS.
- Support management with creating, coordinating, and providing consistent outreach projects and services to military and civilian installations as assigned. Provide proactive input and creative support at local events to include Military Open Houses, College/Academic Fairs, and other specialized events.
- Oversee applicable office resources and coordinate with management to request support for all IT assets and office supplies as needed. Ensure posted printed marketing materials are current and accurate and displayed attractively and in adherence to military requirements.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the Education Services Officer (ESO), Test Control Officer (TCO), Specialists/Counselors (our military partners) and various testing services. Provide academic officers with periodic briefings as allowed to update military representatives on UMGC programs of interest.
- Provide assistance to students that walk in, call, or email for admissions, registration, financial aid, student account information, National Testing Center information, and base access requests for classes.
- Track and analyze site’s statistical data on testing and class enrollments to provide input on scheduling for hybrid classes and proctoring.
- Ensure the test center and hybrid classes are provided with adequate space and needed technologies for testing and class instruction. Ensure professors have base access and are briefed on UMGC base requirements in accordance with compliance on base security.
- Ensure civilian students and professors are adequately prepared to attain base access for class allowing enough time to acquire needed passes and access. Must be available to start the first class(es) and last class(es) of each session, every semester, at locations that offer hybrid classes to provide students with guidance and professors with keys (or pick up keys), as needed.
- Must attend local and national events, education fairs, conferences (includes annual commencement ceremony, as applicable).
- Provide the Education Services Officer (ESO), Test Control Officer (TCO), and UMGC management prompt communication of any issues affecting staffing and test administration.
- Assist with the registration process for administered exams at National Test Centers such as CLEP, DSST, Pearson VUE, Accuplacer and additional exams as required and if applicable.
- Ensure testing rules and regulations are being enforced according to the policies of the respective testing services, DANTES, and UMUC. Maintain current Test Administrator certifications for the various testing companies such as CLEP, DSST and Pearson VUE and additional exams as required and if applicable.
- Facilitate testing services software updates and maintenance; troubleshoot technical issues with the testing services support and UMGC IT, as needed and if applicable.
- Provide in-person coverage to other locations to provide testing services and/or academic advising.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning plus a minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience, preferably in higher education. Outstanding customer service skills with both internal and external customers required. Possess strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, and capable of prioritizing and managing multiple projects and tasks. Ability to proficiently use MS Office.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: One (1) year experience working in a higher education environment, preferably with non-traditional students is preferred. General knowledge of UMGC practices and procedures preferred. Experience working with the military or military students, preferably in higher education. Experience using PeopleSoft, Salesforce, and Microsoft 365.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.