School of Cybersecurity & Information Assurance
Non-Exempt, Contingent 1, Part-Time, Pay Grade Stateside Contingent 1
Location: Fort Gordon, GA
The Network+ Trainer reports to the Regional Director and is responsible for providing training for CompTIA’s Network+ certification curriculum. The Trainer achieves program success by working closely with the trainees and the supervisor, to address the needs of trainees in passing the Network+ certification. This position requires face-to-face instruction at UMGC’s instructional facilities at Fort Gordon, Georgia from Monday through Friday, (5:30 to 9:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. Friday).
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Lead training sessions and conduct learning activities pertaining to CompTIA Network+ certification.
- Follow the UMGC Teaching Guide (given to trainers) and ensure that all identified activities are completed within the specified days.
- Assess trainee performance and recommend additional learning activities to the trainees, as needed, via an end of course practice exam.
- Answer questions from the trainees and provide tutoring within the session as needed.
- Work closely with the supervisor and UMGC’s academic leadership, to provide feedback and information for continuous improvement of the training curriculum
- Maintain student attendance other required records
- Maintain security of the lab and associated equipment.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
- CompTIA Certified Instructor for Network+
- At least two (2) years’ experience in leading technical training sessions in Network+
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience of computer networking and related topics
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT area, from a regionally accredited institution.
- Ability to lead face-to-face training sessions on technical matters in a professional manner
- Excellent people skills, time management skills, and presentation skills
- Ability to work with Military personnel and awareness of the needs and challenges faced by Military learners
- Commitment to student success
- Ability to work closely with others
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in an IT area from a regionally accredited institution
- At least five (5) years’ experience leading training sessions in Network+
- CompTIA CTT+ certification
Position Available and will Remain Open until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.