Program and National Test Center Coordinator
Camp Lemonnier, Djibouti
Overseas Contingent III, 100%, Full-Time, Pay Grade 003
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) Europe seeks a Program and National Test Center Coordinator. The Program and National Test Center Coordinator (PNTCC) serves as the on-site UMUC representative responsible for providing academic, administrative and testing support services, community outreach, and customer relations management. This position reports directly to the Assistant Director (AD). The Program and National Test Center Coordinator must work effectively with the Regional Director, local Program Coordinators and staff, education center personnel, faculty, administrative staff in Kaiserslautern, and the military community at large. Required duties/activities to be accomplished by the Program and National Test Center Coordinator are listed below:
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide academic and administrative support services to prospects and students, and ensure Quality Assurance Standards are met by being available, knowledgeable, courteous and responsive
- Document all student contact through UMUC’s Customer Relations Management System and schedule appropriate follow-up activities
- Provide and maintain open and positive communications with host military Education Services Officer (or equivalent) and respective Education Center staff
- Organize and participate in local Education Fairs, Open Houses, Semester Start-ups, Student Appreciation Days, Local Graduations and other events as needed, professionally representing UMUC
- Track and analyze class enrollments and student interest, as well as local degree progression, to provide input on scheduling; ensure classrooms are provided with adequate space and needed technology for class instruction; be present at the first class session to provide assistance to instructors and students; and assist faculty in obtaining base access to attend class on their assigned installation
- Distribute marketing, advertising, and mass media materials at assigned locations when permissible
- Create and maintain a site(s) specific outreach plan to attain university goals towards recruitment and retention
- Provide National Test Center testing services on a basis that meets community demand while balancing other, outlined duties
- Participate in UMUC staff meetings, professional development activities and training sessions as required
- Track and compile monthly statistics and provide reports as needed
- Maintain appropriate communication with immediate supervisor and other UMUC staff to ensure timely resolution of student issues/escalations
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a U.S. regionally accredited institution or foreign degree equivalent and two years of administrative work experience
- Background in customer service
- Able to work in a fast-paced and complex environment with accurate attention to detail
- Possess basic office management and clerical skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Successful applicants must be able to pass a medical screening, background check and meet requirements for individual logistic support (ILS).
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Applicants with a U.S. valid driver’s license
WHO MAY APPLY: Applicants with individual logistical support (ILS) preferred. Applicants must be U.S. citizens to meet background investigation requirements in addition to qualifying for ILS as described in USAREUR Regulation 600-700, Section III, 7-13. Criteria under which applicants qualify for ILS are: must serve the US Forces exclusively; are not stateless persons; are not ordinarily resident in the host nation.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.