Location: Spangdahlem, Germany
Overseas Contingent III, 100% FTE, Full-Time, Grade 003
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) Europe seeks a Program Coordinator. The Program Coordinator (PC) reports to and works with the Assistant Director (AD) in the administration of UMUC programs. It is the job of the Program Coordinator to ensure that quality services are provided to all current and prospective students and to be responsive to students and student issues. The Program Coordinator must work effectively with the Regional Director, local military education coordinators and staff, education center personnel, faculty, administrative staff in Kaiserslautern, and the military community at large. Required duties/activities to be accomplished by the Program Coordinator are listed below:
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Provide academic and administrative support services to prospects and students, and ensure quality assurance standards are met by being available, knowledgeable, courteous and responsive
- Document all student contact through UMUC’s Customer Relations Management System and schedule appropriate follow-up activities
- Provide and maintain open and positive communications with host military Education Services Officer (or equivalent) and respective Education Center staff
- Organize and participate in local Education Fairs, Open Houses, Semester Start-Ups, Student Appreciation Days, Local Graduations and other events as needed, professionally representing UMUC
- Track and analyze class enrollments and student interest, as well as local degree progression, to provide input on scheduling; ensure classrooms are provided with adequate space and needed technology for class instruction; be present at the first class session to provide assistance to instructors and students; and assist faculty in obtaining base access to attend class on their assigned installation
- Provide assistance with processing students’ military documentation (i.e. Tuition Assistance vouchers, ID cards, orders, etc.)
- Distribute marketing, advertising, and mass media materials at assigned locations when permissible
- Assist with base access as needed.
- May provide facility support to include: opening and closing UMUC Europe computer lab, building entrances, windows and classrooms; ensure that building rules are adhered to by UMUC Europe students, that all UMUC Europe labs/rooms are clean and presentable, and that all supplies are readily available.
- Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/GED
- Background in customer service
- Able to work in a fast-paced and complex environment with accurate attention to detail
- Possess basic office management and clerical skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Successful applicants must be able to pass background check and meet requirements for individual logistic support (ILS).
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Some college coursework
- Applicants with a U.S. valid driver’s license
WHO MAY APPLY: Applicants with individual logistical support (ILS) preferred. Applicant must qualify for ILS as described in USAREUR Regulation 600-700, Section III, 7-13. Criteria under which applicants qualify for ILS are: must serve the US Forces exclusively; are not stateless persons; are nationals of a NATO state, excluding the host nation; are not ordinarily resident in the host nation.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.