Researcher and Lead Generation Coordinator
Office of Institutional Advancement
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Pay Grade 1.2
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is seeking a Researcher and Lead Generation Coordinator. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Career Advancement Services, this person will develop and implement effective identification and investigation to support the Office of Institutional Advancement (IA) and when needed other departments such as the President’s Office, Corporate Learning Solutions and Strategic Enrollment Marketing. The successful candidate will understand how to build strong relationships across departments and deliver superior research and vetted individual, corporation and foundation leads to maximize engagement and support to the organization.
The Researcher and Lead Generation Coordinator will act as a collaborative partner, sharing information and best practices with leadership on tactical development of alumni and fundraising portfolios. S/he will work cooperatively with Alumni Relations and Career Services colleagues, fundraising staff, program staff and volunteers to advance a variety of institutional priorities. Ideally, the candidate will have an inquisitive nature and possess an ability to interact socially with research constituents to interpret their affinity with the institution and recommend a potential fit for their involvement.
The Researcher and Lead Generation Coordinator will be responsible for meeting the department’s research and constituent identification needs; s/he will design systems to identify corporate, foundation and individual prospects, successful alumni, and potentially engaged constituents, while setting standards and best practices for information organization and ensure timely delivery of vital research data.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Conducting comprehensive biographical, financial and informational research on individual, corporate and foundation prospects for corporate partnerships, high profile alumni for marketing and other institutional involvement, volunteer leadership, and grant opportunities.
- Speaking with potential prospects and candidates for engagement by email and phone in order to learn more about the prospect and discover his or her qualifications, interest level and affinity for the institution.
- Staying abreast of major international and business news, utilizing social media and other resources to enhance prospect strategies and alumni and donor stewardship.
- Preparing research profiles, briefing reports, lead generation, and prospect lists for the Office of IA and University leadership such as the Vice President, Institutional Advancement, the Provost and the President.
- Making recommendations for action and planning for events and initiatives of the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Designing, implementing coordinating the research systems and resources necessary to identify key alumni and major donors.
- Creating, maintaining and distributing reports that will facilitate the efficient flow of strategic information throughout the University.
- Keep well-informed of developments in, prospect research, alumni relations, higher education enrollment and engagement, and general philanthropy.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Two to four years of related experience.
PREFERRED BACKGROUND, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Related experience preferably in Advancement in a higher education setting.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.