Senior Financial Analyst
- Job Ref:
- Adelphi, MD
- Finance and Accounting
- Full time
Senior Financial Analyst
Office of Budget and Financial Analysis
Exempt, Regular, Full Time, Pay Grade 3.1
Job Location: Adelphi, Maryland
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks a Senior Financial Analyst in the Office Budget & Financial Planning and Analysis. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for analyzing financial performance that will be used to aid in decision making for the university. Overall responsibilities include financial analysis, forecasting, modeling, data compilation, and budget reporting.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Analyze, develop, and maintain complex financial models and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations for decision making purposes. Produce financial summaries, presentations, and recommendations to various levels of management and departmental groups across the university.
- Analyze large sets of data to identify historical trends and current year performance, produce cost analyses, variance analysis, and develop and evaluate KPIs.
- Responsible for aiding in the annual preparation and internal allocation of the University funds across 60+ departmental units and 3 global divisions. Assist with managing and analyzing the budget throughout the fiscal year.
- Compile information and develop training and internal SOP documentation. Work to create process efficiencies for budgetary controls, financial analytics, ROI development, and tracking systems to better ensure adherence and timely output.
- Collaborates with departmental budget liaisons to identify improvements to processes in order to create efficiencies and acts as a financial advisor for any financial questions, concerns, and needs. Assist in quality assurance and ad-hoc reporting and analytics.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An earned Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Five to seven years of relevant experience.
- Experience developing financial models from start to finish.
- Experience analyzing large sets of data (both financial and product) and summarizing trends and results.
- Strong skills in Excel, analytical, and communication.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.