Social Work (SOWK) Field Manager
Location: Kaiserslautern-Kapaun, Germany
Overseas Regular, Full-time,100% FTE Grade 005
Description: The Social Work (SOWK) Field Manager is a UMUC employee responsible for providing leadership and oversight for the Social Work Field Education program (both graduate and undergraduate) within the UMUC Europe partnership program with Salisbury University (SU). The SOWK Field Manager reports to the Social Work (SOWK) Program and Academic Associate Director. The SOWK Field Manager works collaboratively with the UMUC Graduate and Partnership Program Director, the Social Work Program and Academic Associate Director, the SOWK Program Coordinator, Academic Advisors, other UMUC Europe field and education center staff, and relevant colleagues at SU and UMUC. All of the noted responsibilities are managed through the Social Work Program and Academic Associate Director and conducted in collaboration with administrators located on Salisbury University’s main campus.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Work with undergraduate (BASW) and graduate (MSW) social work students to identify field placement opportunities/internships
- Evaluate and approve student field placements/internships
- Conduct field instructor and faculty liaison training(s) in collaboration with the SU Directors of Undergraduate and Graduate Field Education
- Identify and assign appropriate off-site SOWK supervisors
- Conduct field orientation sessions for students in collaboration with the SU Directors of Undergraduate and Graduate Field Education
- Provide summary information, details, and documentation needed for partnership and contract reporting
- Monitor and provide feedback to agency field supervisors
- Teach social work courses as needs dictate, either in onsite, on-line, or hybrid format
- Provide information and keep the Social Work (SOWK) Program and Academic Associate Director updated regarding field placements and matching students with agencies, and troubleshoot issues
- Ensure compliance with Salisbury University’s Field Program and communicate regularly with the Salisbury University Field Director regarding field placement issues, ensuring the SOWK Program and Academic Associate Director is informed
- Interview and hire field liaisons serving as off-site supervisors for graduate field studies courses
- Conduct peer evaluations on faculty field liaisons
- Participate with the SOWK Program and Academic Associate Director and with other UMUC Europe leadership in coordination, reporting, and other activities with Salisbury University as related to the SOWK partnership and the UMUC Europe contracting requirements. This coordination and reporting will require the application of Sonia, the field software tracking system
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master of Social Work from a U.S. regionally accredited institution or foreign degree equivalent
- Two (2) years practice experience
- Valid US driver’s license and ability to obtain a USAREUR license
- Successful applicants must be able to pass background check and meet requirements for individual logistic support (ILS)
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) years of teaching experience at the college/university level
- Field liaison experience
- Clinical social worker license
- Familiarity with military social organizations
WHO MAY APPLY: Applicant must qualify for ILS as described in USAREUR Regulation 600-700, Section III, 7-13. Criteria under which applicants qualify for ILS are: must serve the US Forces exclusively; are not stateless persons; are nationals of a NATO state, excluding the host nation; are not ordinarily resident in the host nation.
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.