- Job Ref:
- Financial Aid
- Full time
Office of Student Affairs
Exempt, Contingent II, 100%-Time, Pay Grade 1.1
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) seeks a Tuition Coordinator in the Office of Student
Affairs. The Tuition Coordinator provides concierge level funding coaching and support to students through phone, email and SMS based communication. Successful Tuition Coordinators actively guide students in developing long term funding plans for their education, helping to remove financial obstacles to academic success. Tuition Coordinators spend most of their day on the phone and successful candidates will enjoy working in high energy, fast-paced phone-based contact center environment that relies heavily on technology to communicate with students. A successful candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm for assisting students achieve their goals and take initiative in helping students solve financial problems and funding barriers. A successful candidate will have the ability to rapidly build rapport with students, quickly understand student questions and concerns and recommend solutions to move students forward in their educational journey.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES INCLUDE:
- Coach students during funding process to develop long term funding plan for their education that incorporates correct funding type(s) for each student to succeed.
- Possess thorough understanding of UMGC payment options, procedures, and systems including Federal Title IV regulations, veterans benefits, military benefits, corporate benefits, payment plans and other payment options.
- Be highly effective and dynamic through a high volume of phone, email, and SMS based interactions with our adult students on a regular and consistent basis.
- Provide a high-quality experience to each student that ensures they feel heard, valued and supported throughout their journey at UMGC.
- Conduct phone-based outreach to students based on funding status, document submission requirements and overdue balances, providing solution focused coaching to resolve issues.
- Analyze specific student concerns and funding roadblocks in a holistic manner, acting with accuracy, urgency and efficacy to provide long term funding solutions that move the student towards their goals.
- Participate in recruitment and retention activities including attending virtual open house events, information sessions and webinars to offer funding guidance to new and returning students.
- Accurately document, maintain, and track all student interactions, information, and progression through the Customer Relations Management system.
- Provide comprehensive responses to student questions regarding all funding types that focus on solution-oriented recommendations and long term educational funding security.
- Meet departmentally set metrics standards on a monthly basis.
- Maintain departmental Service Level Agreements in line with management expectation.
- Employees that live within 50 miles of UMGC are required to work university commencement.
- Employees are required to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Employees may be required to work certain holiday hours based on business need.
REQUIREMENTS FOR 100% REMOTE ROLE:
- Home worksite furniture and equipment shall be provided by the successful hire.
- UMGC will provide necessary office supplies, a laptop, monitor, and headset.
- Network communication to non-public UMGC online information technology services and data shall be made only through the use of the UMGC Virtual Private Network (VPN) to ensure data is transmitted through encrypted channels and proper authentication.
- All computing equipment that is used, whether purchased by UMGC or the individual, must be connected to broadband internet through an Ethernet connection.
- All computing equipment that is used must be connected to broadband internet with upload and download speeds of at least 25MBPS. You must also hardwire your laptop to the router through an ethernet connection.
- Candidates may not perform personal business during scheduled work hours with the exception of nonwork time, such as scheduled breaks.
- Candidates are required to make and maintain alternative childcare or other dependent care arrangements to permit concentration on work assignments during their scheduled work shift.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- An earned Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Two to three (2-3) years of relevant work experience in an applicable role
- Candidates must possess excellent customer service, time management, creative problem solving, interpersonal, oral and written communications, and presentation skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in any of the following areas: financial aid, student accounts, student finance, higher education admissions or enrollment management, recruiting, educational or training-industry sales, consultative inside sales of a service offering, call center or high-volume, customer service environment.
- Experience leveraging CRM or call center applications and tools, such as a dialer is also preferred.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
All submissions should include a cover letter and resume. UMGC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umgc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMGC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
University of Maryland Global Campus (UMGC) is committed to helping safeguard the health of its faculty, staff, students, contractors, and guests. Because vaccinations reduce the spread of SARS-CoV-2-the virus that causes COVID-19-all prospective UMGC faculty (full-time and adjunct) and staff are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated and current with the recommended boosters. As always, operations at our military locations in Europe, Asia, and stateside will follow the guidance of the U.S. Department of Defense and local commands, and may require proof of full vaccination, unless an exception is approved as a reasonable accommodation based on disability or religion. If so, a copy of their Approved Exception Letter must be provided before the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or show proof of exception may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.